Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Super Biscuit <super_bisquit@yahoo.com>
To:        Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: o power/93203 ppc FreeBSD PPC Can't Write to Partitions.

Now that's some killer news.

--- On Tue, 4/20/10, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org> wrote:

From: Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To: freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 1:17 AM

On 04/19/10 19:42, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Super Biscuit<super_bisquit@yahoo.com>=
=A0 wrote:
>=A0 =A0=20
>>=A0=A0=A0If you can get someone to port gpart from little endian to big e=
ndian, then it can be added to cd1 and boot-only. The code is dirty. I mana=
ged for the first header file to be built.
>>=20
>> Just throwing this out there.
>> And thanks for helping me with my problems on installing.
>>=A0 =A0 =A0=20
> This might be something to ask about on freebsd-geom as this sounds
> like a project worthy for other BE architectures like ARM (can be) and
> MIPS (can be).
>=A0 =A0=20

gpart actually works perfectly fine on big-endian systems, including PPC. I=
t turns out it wasn't in the install CD mfsroot, and thus not accessible fr=
om the fixit shell, so I've put some new install CDs from today's -CURRENT =
here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/FreeBSD-9.0-20100418-SNAP-powerpc/

The directions at http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/ppcinstall.txt shou=
ld then apply to real CDs that you can download. The addition of gpart will=
 make it into 8.1-RELEASE as well.
-Nathan