Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 1997 09:28:36 -0700
From:      vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu (Kevin Van Maren)
To:        nishio@caleche.kecl.ntt.co.jp, vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APIC_IO problem on Tyan S1668

>I read, somewhere from AltaVista's output, that S1668
>only supports bus mastering on 4 PCI slots out of 5 (I'm not sure
>whether this is true or not: Tyan's manual says nothing about this).
>
>Is this related to the problem?

Tyan tech support WON'T be any help.  We did have 5 PCI cards in
a S1662 (non-ATX version) that worked fine under FreeBSD 2.1.5
but I never tried SMP with 5 cards.  (This is why I knew about
the SMP table entries and the 5 slot stuff).  I believe they
were all bus-mastering, as we used an ISA video board.

Kevin