Date:      Wed, 21 May 2014 08:17:59 +0200
From:      Erik Cederstrand <erik+lists@cederstrand.dk>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [GSoC] Machine readable output from userland utilities

Den 21/05/2014 kl. 06.20 skrev Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>:

> In all seriousness though, the real target is people writing higher =
level languages (than shell) on top of FreeBSD.  Perhaps python or ruby =
spawning a utility and then that utility making the output easy to read.

If that's the use case, than I'm fine with this. I often find I need to =
combine Python and shell output (working with dates in shell is =
horrible, for example), and formalized output would simplify some =
scripts considerably.

Erik=