Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 1995 09:29:45 -0700 (MST)
From:      billlee@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
To:        chris@mpx.com.au
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Installations problems

On Sun, 5 Mar 1995 chris@mpx.com.au wrote:

> I have attempted to install FreeBSD 2.0 from the Walnut Creek CD - (the one
> ... stuff deleted ...
> I can install from the CD everything BUT the XFREE86 material.  When I
> select that part for installation, I first get the dialogue box:
>          "Verifying Checksums ... wait!"
> This is then followed by the dialogue box:
>         "Extracting ... wait!".
>
> Unfortunately from that point on nothing happens.  There is no activity on
> the CD ROM or the hard drive.

I was told there's something wrong with the checksums on the CD.  I think
I worked around it with the following sequence:
   mkdir /cdrom
   mount_cd9600 /dev/cd0a /cdrom
   cd /cdrom/XFree86-3.1
   ./extract.sh

> ...tell me the 'commands' I have to issue to work through it.  I'm
> afraid I'm not all that literate in 'unix'.

I'm not either. 8-)  I still haven't finished configuring XFree86 8-(, as
I am learning more about administration first.

Bill Lee   E-mail: billlee@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
           Edmonton, Alberta, Canada