Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:14:30 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        neelnatu@gmail.com
Cc:        gonzo@freebsd.org, freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: busdma_machdep.c with more than 512M memory

In message: <AANLkTikOKU8KOaw6aFd1dMqpcZW+cMkU72mrDBcUncVq@mail.gmail.com>
            Neel Natu <neelnatu@gmail.com> writes:
: This assumes that pmap_mapdev() always returns an uncached mapping
: which is true for n64 kernels but not for o32 kernels with memory
: beyond 512MB.
:
: Any objections if I commit the following patch that makes
: pmap_mapdev() always return an uncached mapping.

Is there ever a time on MIPS you'd want to make a device you are
talking to cached?

I'd say it is a vanishingly rare event, if ever.  If we come up with
one, we, at that time, should implement a way to do that mapping.

I have no objections to this patch, but I've not gone over it with a
fine tooth comb.

Warner