Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:47:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, rivers@dignus.com
Subject:   Re: 3.3-RELEASE panics & Linux emu.

More info...

With the debug kernel, I get the same panic, but IP
is 0x0 instead of 0x8000000.  So, we are taking a
bad branch (a function ptr is likely not initialized
properly?)

Unfortunately, DDB's trace command only gives me
the panic message... no trace back.

So - I'm at a loss to say exactly where this is occuring.

Would a knowledgeable kernel debugger care to share some wisdom
when debugging things like this - that is - if IP is 0, how
do you tell from whence the bad branch came?

	 - Thanks -
	- Dave Rivers -