Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:20:17 -0500
From:      Warren Killian <warrenk@on-net.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   libkrb.so.3 not found

Hello List,

My name is Warren Killian.  I just downloaded FreeBSD 3.0 this past
Saturday. I'm having problems getting X-windows window managers and
other applications to run properly.  Consistently, the error message
that the x-server reports is:

	/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libkrb.so.3" not found.

I can't run olwm or olvwm.  I'm using the same .xinitrc, .openwin-menu
and other Open Look config files as I used under FreeBSD 2.2.7 that
worked fine.  The only window managers that I'm able to start are
blackbox, fvwm95, icewm, twm and wm2.  All other window managers crash
my x-server with the above error message.

I've downloaded FreeBSD 3.0 now on three different machines (God Bless
our T1) and have gotten the same error message on all three machines.

What can I do to get around this problem?  Does anyone have a fix?  Do
the CD-Rom distributions have this same problem or not?

Please respond via e-mail to warrenk@on-net.net.

Thank you,
Warren Killian
warrenk@on-net.net