Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2016 12:32:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Michael Gmelin <grembo@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating Porter's Handbook title page (books.xml)

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016, Michael Gmelin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed, that the porter's handbook title page still shows
> copyright 2014 and a commit from 2014:
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/
>
> "Revision: 45423
>
> Copyright © 2000-2014 The FreeBSD Documentation Project
> Copyright
> Legal Notice
> Last modified on 2014-08-08 by rene."
>
> Should I post a patch or is there an automatic process that needs to be
> fixed?

The "last modified" date comes from the $FreeBSD$ tag, but only the one
in the book.xml file.  So it is misleading, and usually not the date of
the most recent update to the book.  Fixing this would require scanning
the document sources for the most recent date in the doc toolchain,
which is possible, it's just something that needs to be done.

I'll update the copyright, and that will also change the date in
book.xml.  So it will be correct until one of the other files changes...