Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 2000 17:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Nicole Harrington." <nicole@unixgirl.com>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        (FreeBSD hackers list) <FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, wc.bulte@chello.nl
Subject:   Re: Comments on Athlon [motherboards] sought..

On 08-Jun-00 Soren Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Nicole Harrington. wrote:
>>
>> On 08-Jun-00 Wilko Bulte wrote:
>> > I'm considering buying an Athlon based machine. Before shelling out the
>> > $ (well, fl ) I'd like to know what experiences have with Athlon and
>> > FreeBSD. And obviously which mom boards to prefer or keep away from.
>> >
>> > Thks
>> > Wilko
>>
>>  I have good experiences so far with the Athlon stuff. However (sad to say)
>> avoid the Asus MB if you need to reboot without a keyboard attached.
>
> What ? I have no probs whatsoever with my K7M doing that...

 Hmmm.. We got these new ones in a red box.. The bios doesn't have a "ignore no
Key/mouse" :(  It is one of there newer boards.

>>  So far I like the FIC and Aopen boards.
>
> Dont _ever_ buy FIC, there are no ends of trouble with them....

 So far I have had good luck with them... strangly enough.

> -Søren

 nicole@unixgirl.com         |\ __ /|   (`\   http://www.unixgirl.com/
 webmistress@dangermouse.org | o_o  |__  ) )  http://www.dangermouse.org/