Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:07:09 +1100
From:      aunty <aunty@comcen.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mount BSDI disk?

Can FreeBSD mount BSDI 3.0 partitions on a SCSI drive?

I'm trying to salvage data from a BSDI disk whose partner died with a bang.
When I try to mount /mnt2/dev/da0a from the FreeBSD fixit floppy as ufs (the
default) I get "incorrect super block".

I need to figure out whether the disk is hosed, or my mount incantation
is just lacking.

Is there some fixit floppy docco I should be reading? I couldn't find
anything much except warnings that it's hard :-) I also tried to use
picobsd (network) but couldn't get the devices made without MAKDEV.