Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 21:05:57 -0500
From:      "Jeff" <jeff@cetlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Mark Castillo" <markc@relationships.com>
Subject:   Re: Plug and Play modems - Motorola Voice Surfer 56K

----------
> From: Mark Castillo <markc@relationships.com>
> To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Plug and Play modems - Motorola Voice Surfer 56K
> Date: Monday, February 23, 1998 12:30 PM
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have a plug and play jumperless modem.  It doesn't seem to be detected
or
> default to any IRQ or port address.  It is a motorola voice surfer 56K
> internal.  Has anyone gotten this card to work successfully?

Sure did! Here's what I had to do... I have a dual boot system, win 95 and
freebsd.
I have a config.sys that has 3 menu items in it, win95, games, and freebsd.
The freebsd config calls the autoexec.bat and loads nothing but "setmodem
2f8 3" to set the modem on com2 and then calls fbsdboot.exe to start
freebsd. Works like a champ!

Jeff