Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 12:48:09 -0000
From:      "Barry Monk" <ba.monk@time-off.demon.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-users@freebsd-uk.eu.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PPP and Netscape/DNS

Thanks to Mark, I have now got User PPP running and can dial my ISP using
the following script :-

default:
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 28800
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER   TIMEOUT   6 \"\" ATE1Q0 OK-AT-OK
\\dATDT\T TIMEOUT  40 CONNECT"
demon:
 set phone 13245678
 set login "TIMEOUT 10 login:-\\r-login: xxxxx word ****** col ppp"
 set timeout 120
 set ifaddr 212.228.176.164 158.152.1.222
 add 0 0 158.152.1.222

However I get the following warning :-
Add route failed: 0.0.0.0 errno network is unreachable
What does this mean and can I cure it?

Secondly, I am trying to use netscape to get onto the net, and when I launch
it I get the following errors :-

Netscape is unable to locate the server home.netscape.com
the server does not have a DNS entry

Warning : the following hosts are unknown :-

myname.my.domain
home.netscape.com
home6.netscape.com
internic.net

When I try to update the identity information it won't accept my ISP's
server names etc, rejecting them with Host unknown messages.
I Have tried to setup a standalone system in accordance with the FreeBSD
users manual, although once I have done this I can't start Netscape! I'm
sure the problem is to do with domain names etc. Any ideas will be greatly
appreciated, and probably tried over the course of another sleepless night!

Thanks Barry