Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:21:02 +0900 (JST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        pangolin@rogers.wave.ca
Cc:        jonny@coppe.ufrj.br, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Urgent: problems with Tk81 ?

 * Perhaps it is not related, but recently I installed tix and it gave me a bus
 * error. It turned out that tcl8.1 in tclParse.c modifies an otherwise readonly
 * string to play the old "let's insert a temporary terminator" trick. Recompiling
 * tix with -fwritable-strings fixed it. I have not tested much.

Someone please test this and commit a patch ASAP if this is the case.
(Thomas, weren't you having problems with tcl81?)

Satoshi