Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 12:36:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John H. Baldwin" <jobaldwi@cslab.vt.edu>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disk space.

On Thu, 27 May 1999, jason andrade wrote:
> so out of the hubs there, how many do a complete mirror of the
> freebsd dist ? (it appears to be past 18G now, so i can no
> longer do a full mirror to a single disk).

ftp3.freebsd.org mirrorors everything except for the mailing list, and
it's huge.  We have 3 9 Gig scsi drives striped together that it lives
on with XFree86 and GNU.

> any recommendations on what to mirror out of the whole tree ?

When we were cramped, we took out old ports and packages directories.  For
example, aout packages for 3.0.  We also got rid of releases quicker than
wcarchive if we had to.

> -jason
> --
>  jason andrade       dstc pty ltd               jason@dstc.edu.au
>  senior sysadmin     level 7, GPS Building 78   i just wanna be
>  phn +61-7-33654307  university of queensland   bluemisty
>  fax +61-7-33654311  queensland 4072 australia  and barefooted

John Baldwin
jobaldwi@cslab.vt.edu