Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:33:29 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        Don Lewis <dl-freebsd@catspoiler.org>, <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>, <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, <nate@root.org>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <peter@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Crashdumps available for download ... please help

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > One thing you didn't mention was trying a different power supply.  A
> > marginal power supply can cause strange errors.  Increasing your memory
> > size from 512 MB to 1 GB might add just enough load to the supply to
> > push it over the edge ...
>
> Yes. I've replaced the power supply. But only once. And it did not make
> the problem go away.
>
> And I've even done more. I've disabled all unneeded devices, at the
> moment only one cdrom and three disks are connected.

	Replacing the power supply would only help if the Total Controlled
Output had enough current, this is the +3.3V and +5V added together.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin