Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2006 23:12:03 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unversal watchdog

--nextPart1657134.SZl7bElGAp

On Monday 27 February 2006 22:33, Tobias Roth wrote:
> > man rc.subr plus a look through /etc/rc.d should get you started :)
>
> Can you explain in more detail how one can handle the watchdog part of
> the equation? I can't find that information in the rc.subr manpage.

Ahh sorry I think I misunderstood the question :(

I was thinking a program to reset a hardware watchdog timer..

As to answer the question - I am not aware of any facility for automaticall=
y=20
restarting things (unless you can get init to do it via /etc/ttys somehow)

I don't think it would be too hard to create a shell wrapper script though=
=20
(kind of annoying I admit)

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."