Date:      02 Oct 1996 16:39:06 +0200
From:      Martin Ostermann <ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to mount a CD in a WORM for reading?

I now burned successfully the first CD's. Thanks for the help so far.

When I configured the worm support in the kernel, the CD-writer only
shows up as the worm, no longer as cd0. When I try to mount /dev/cd0,
it says "device not configured", which is true, it doesn't show up
during boot.

Now, worm(4) says that it should supply all capabilities of cd(4), but
there's no worm block device (/dev/worm0).

Can I create on (what minor number?), or how is it going to work?

Thanks, Martin
--
Martin Ostermann                | mailto:ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de
Communication Networks          | http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~ost