Date:      Sat, 27 May 1995 12:55:29 +0300
From:      Amos Shapira <amoss@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Subject:   Re: mount "features"

Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au> wrote:
|In FreeBSD, you can mount multiple times at the same mount point.  Each
|mount gives another layer that hides the previous layer if the default
|mount options are used.  fd0.1440 is different from fd0 as far as mount
|can tell, so the mount is permitted.

Could you please explain what do you mean by "another layer"?  Does it
mean the formers mounts are simply ignored until the later ones are
unmounted?  Or do the later mounts affect how the partitions mounted
by the former mounts are accessed?

Seems to me like the first option, but maybe I miss something?

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                      | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.            |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                    |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL          amoss@cs.huji.ac.il |                     -- Anonymous