Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:45:22 -0800
From:      "rick - SomersNet, Inc." <rick@123HostIt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Changing from Linux to FreeBSD...

Hi There..

I have searched through all the information I can find, but so far I
haven't found what I am looking for..

I currently run extremely high load Linux Boxes (RH 6) and I have come
to the conclusion that Linux can no longer support my stability needs.
So I want to make the switch from linux to FreeBSD.

I have replacement boxes that I have loaded FreeBSD 3.3, now I just need
to move the hundreds of sites from the Linux box, to the new FBSD box. I
have made a tar ball of all the user directories, so I am just going to
move that to the new box and extract it.. However, how do I add all the
users without using 'adduser' for every user? I know OpenBSD has a
simple shell to convert the linux passwd and group files, but does FBSD?

Your help is much appreciated,

..thanks..

..rick

--
	SomersNet, Inc. - A California Corporation
	123 Host It!		http://www.123HostIt.com