Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 08:25:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        jim@thehousleys.net (James Housley), freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp problems on 4.3-RELEASE and PPPoE

Arghhh... I just noticed something else that could be it... your using
RFC1918 10.x.x.x addresses, well, depending on what your using for NAT
software it may or may not be doing the right thing with ICMP packets,
to correctly NAT an icmp type 3 packet you have to reach inside the
data portion and munge the IP address of the original packet that
caused the error, otherwise the host it is sent to is going to chuck
it because it has not opened any sockets to 10.x.x.x.