Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:44:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ep driver troubles

 After playing around with the configuration program for a little bit, if
I set the card back to ISA mode (fixed address/irq), the patched driver
now detects the card.
 As soon as I set the card to PnP, the driver doesn't see it. Based on the
pnpinfo output, I assume this must be something to do with the way my
system is configured.
 I looked at my BIOS settings, and saw that all IRQs were marked available
for PnP, and that it was set to use BIOS PnP. Is this the problem? Should
this option have been set to "PnP OS"?
 I'm (obviously) not too familiar with the PnP architecture, so I have no
real clue what the difference between the two settings are...

Eric