Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:50:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Jolley <doug@footech.com>
To:        jason@washington.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Contingency Floppy

>The fixit floppy can do everything you stated above. You boot with the
>boot.flp and then go into repair mode with the fixit.flp.

Thanks, Jason.  I thought it might be the case that the fixit
floppy could be used without modification.  That's why I asked
the question.  I know how to get into repair mode with the fixit
floppy.  What I don't understand is how I can mount the /var
and /usr file systems on /var and /usr (respectively) of the
floppy.  The first problem is that I don't have the right drivers
available (wd0s2e for /var and wd0s2f for /usr).  Secondly, I'm
a bit concerned about covering up (with the mount) what's already
available in the /var and /usr directories on the floppy.

If anyone can square me away on these points, I would greatly
appreciate it.  Thanks.

     ... doug