Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 08:46:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Clapper <bmc@WillsCreek.COM>
To:        Francis Vidal <francis@cody.usls.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: controlling ftpd access

Francis Vidal wrote:

> hello everyone!
>
> how do i control FTPD access? this is the default FTP daemon in
> 2.2.2-RELEASE ... not wu.ftpd

Please define "control".  Do you mean:

1. Restrict access only to certain IP numbers?  If so, use wu-ftpd, or
   restrict access to the daemon itself via TCP wrappers or ipfw(8).

2. Permit only anonymous ftp?  Use the -A option.

3. Limit the number of users who can log into the ftp daemon at one time?
   As far as I know, stock ftpd doesn't provide that capability.  You'll
   need wu-ftpd.

4. Restrict access by class of user?  Again, you'll need wu-ftpd for that.

If none of the above, then please elaborate.
-----
Brian Clapper, bmc@WillsCreek.COM, http://WWW.WillsCreek.COM/
We may not return the affection of those who like us, but we always
respect their good judgement.