Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2014 23:42:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   www/xpi-https-everywhere

EFF's https-everywhere add-on for firefox (and other browsers) redirects http
to https connection, for those websites supporting https protocol
(https://www.eff.org/Https-everywhere)

The add-on is no longer available for download from addons.mozilla.org, for
reasons explained by EFF as:
"We felt that the Mozilla privacy policy that applies to downloads from
addons.mozilla.org is somewhat less protective than the privacy policies of
the organizations that develop HTTPS Everywhere, and we prefer for HTTPS
Everywhere users to be protected by our privacy policy. This decision could
change in the future as Mozilla's privacy practices evolve or as we
re-examine the details of the current Mozilla policy."

So the download for firefox extension is here (instead of mozilla.org):
https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-latest.xpi

And might the Makefile look like this?
---------------------------------
PORTNAME=	https-everywhere
DISTVERSION=	4.0.1
DISTVERSIONSUFFIX=  (???)
CATEGORIES=	www

MAINTAINER=	ports@FreeBSD.org
COMMENT=	EFF's tool that rewrites HTTP requests as HTTPS for sites
supporting encryption.

LICENSE=	(???)
LICENSE_FILE=	(???)

MASTER_SITES=	https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-latest.xpi
XPI_DISTNAME=	https-everywhere
XPI_ID=		info@eff.org
## XPI_NUM=	N/A

.include "${.CURDIR}/../xpi-adblock/Makefile.xpi"
.include <bsd.port.mk>

If someone is willing to help me with this, I can inquire with EFF as to
license, their porting rules and whether above MASTER_SITE is acceptable to
them.

Regards.

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS