Date:      Wed, 23 May 2012 10:29:28 -0600
From:      John Hein <jhein@symmetricom.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Cc:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Evolution 2.32.3 && printing

Polytropon wrote at 11:45 +0200 on May 23, 2012:
 > On Wed, 23 May 2012 10:20:18 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
 > >
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > I run Evolution 2.32.3 in FreeBSD 9-CURRENT in my office because I have
 > > to use a MS Exchange server with OWA only;
 > >
 > > When I want to print something (Ctrl-P) a dialog comes up presenting the
 > > CUPS configured printers and a field where one could type in a command
 > > line for printing; this field is pre-set to
 > >
 > > 	lpr
 > >
 > > I would like to have it set to
 > >
 > > 	lpr -Paps -o SelectColor=Grayscale -o ....
 > >
 > > I don't see how to configure this.
 >
 > I see tow ways to do it:
 >
 > 1. Change the settings for your default printer in the CUPS
 >    configuration web page. Make "aps" the default printer
 >    and add the desired options. Now "lpr" will default to
 >    that specific set of options.
 >
 > 2. Consult Evolution's documentation in regards of a config
 >    file that allows overriding the content of the printing
 >    dialog setting (such as xpdf can do). Good luck. :-)

3. Install mail/davmail (gateway from proprietary exchange formats to
   standard protocols) and use any mail client you want (via imap or
   pop).  And use any calendar client you want (caldav, ical).
   A bit off topic unless you have an email client that you
   can more easily achieve your goal - so worth mentioning.