Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 09:20:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        steve@ns1.cioe.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Radius dumping core

i use the merit radius and I use it via inetd and not running standalone
due to the core dump problem.

I believe the problem is in the string library someplace.

Ive noted that since 2.1.5, programs that make use of functions like
strncmp, strcat, etc will sig 11 when they didnt used to.  Instead of
returning a null or a zero they cause a dump. Especially in instances such
as searching for a substring if the string you are searching in has
nothing in it (just 1 char '\0').