Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2012 01:14:43 +1000
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.org>
To:        AN <andy@neu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [SVN-Commit] r890 - in branches/experimental: Mk mail/thunderbird mail/thunderbird-esr mail/thunderbird3 www/firefox www/firefox-esr www/firefox-nightly www/firefox36 www/kompozer www/libxul www/libxul19 www/seamonkey

AN <andy@neu.net> writes:

> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012, svn-freebsd-gecko@chruetertee.ch wrote:
>
>> Author: jbeich
>> Date: Tue Jul 24 12:55:33 2012
>> New Revision: 890
>>
>> Log:
>> /ports@300943 made it impossible to alter options after bsd.port.pre.mk
[...]
> Seems broken for me now.
>
> Checked out revision 890.
> [root@FBSD10 /home/root/ff_nightly]# make config
> "Makefile", line 62: Could not find
> /home/root/ff_nightly/../../www/firefox/Makefile.options
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>
> Lines 62 63 in make file:
> .include "${.CURDIR}/../../www/firefox/Makefile.options"
> .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

Copy the file from www/firefox (freebsd-gecko repo) to
www/firefox-nightly then change the include line to

  .include "${.CURDIR}/Makefile.options"

if you want to continue using partial checkout.

Gecko ports have more pieces scattered around, besides
www/firefox/Makefile.options that I've added:

  www/seamonkey/pkg-{,de}install.in
  www/seamonkey/files/mozconfig-generic.in
  www/firefox/Makefile.webplugins

Any change to how they're used can break your setup. Please, use
ports-mgmt/portshaker to avoid.