Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 10:58:24 -0800
From:      obrien@dragon.cs.ucdavis.edu (David O'Brien)
To:        pechter@shell.monmouth.com (Bill/Carolyn Pechter)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD Rom and LUNs

Bill/Carolyn Pechter writes:
> Looks like my $6.50 SCSI Chinon CDROM drive (a great price... I may get

Where in the world can you get this price???  Sounds really good for
boxes that only need a CDROM for installs.

> one drive for each FreeBSD revision) has the problem of being recognized
> on all LUNs.  It's a Chinon "CDS- 435 M62" single speed SCSI cdrom.

What version of FBSD are you running?  My Teac did the same thing.  The
kernel was changed from 2.2-961014-SNAP to 2.2-ALPHA so that it won't
look for multiple LUNs on CDROMs unless it is told to.  Too many cheap
scsi CDROMs answered to all LUNs.

--
-- David	(obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)