Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 1997 08:08:14 +1100
From:      Nick Repin <nrepin@digiteyes.com.au>
To:        Rob Hartill <robh@imdb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jaz drive. How to ?

At 12:07 PM 8/01/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Has anyone written a step by step "how to" guide on preparing
>a jaz drive + cartridge for use under FreeBSD ?

>Can anyone point me at some information or help me out ?

After a bit of fiddling about I got one running with a FreeBSD file system
on the cartridge. The whole thing behaves sensibly as removable media - i.e.
cannot be ejected while the filesystem is mounted. Special Jaz features like
password protecting/unprotecting are not supported.

I neglected to record the steps cause I was learning about the system and
not sure it was going to work at all but at least you know it is possible.
If nobody else has a simple answer I can the cartridge back to FAT file
system and go through the process again (hopefully).

Regards,
-Nick
---
Nick Repin [Daraga/Digiteyes]