Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:23:08 -0800
From:      Don Wilde <don@PartsNow.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3D viewing

I'll expand my earlier post. I am interested in using 3D viewing with
StereoGraphics SimulEyes LCD shutter glasses for commercial 3D work with
VRML 2.0 on the FreeBSD platform.

I understand the Voodoo chipset is supported (using the Linux GLIDE
library) in Mesa, but I'd like to explore all options. The Diamond 1000
with GLint support is also a possibility, since it has a built-in
connector for the glasses, but my understanding (from Mesa) is that
GLint support is still pre-Alpha quality.

I'm willing to invest substantial programming effort in this, but I'd
like to bootstrap from whereever the current starting line is. If
anybody else is interested in this bandwagon, please let me know! I'm a
seasoned embedded-realtime programmer, but I'm not a FreeBSD
driver-writer [yet :)]
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *