Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:32:14 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More on dump problem

I pulled out the sources for dump and found that the error was simply
that the magic number in the superblock of the FS was no 0x11954. This
makes complete sense, but when I dumpfs, it claims that the magic
number is correct!

Any clue what is going on before I resort to gdb? (with the required
rebuild of the executable with -g)

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)