Date:      Sat, 01 Feb 2003 02:41:45 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Repo copy

>On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 22:09, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 07:59:01PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > > May I have the following repo copy?
> > >
> > > ports/net/gaim --> ports/net/gaim-snapshot
> >
> > 	Just to understand the naming.
> > Why -snapshot? And, not -devel as the rest of the tree?
>
>Well, obrien has expressed dislike for the name -devel.  And, while I
>don't agree with him on all points, -snapshot seemed more appropriate
>given that this will be a port updated from time to time with the latest
>CVS snapshot.

I agree, -snapshot makes more sense for the CVS snapshot and -devel good for
beta version. The developers already added the fixes compile in FreeBSD that
I have sent to them. :-)

BTW: I will test bsd.gnomeng.mk (Round 2) tomorrow, by uninstall few apps
and reinstall them with the new bsd.gnomeng.mk.

Cheers,
Mezz