Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:08:20 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        markd@Grizzly.COM (Mark Diekhans)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jkh@time.cdrom.com, mrcpu@cdsnet.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possible Commercial app for FreeBSD.

Mark Diekhans stands accused of saying:

> >AFAIR, Sybase for SCO runs quite happily under the iBCS2 emulation.
>
> WOW!!! Is this running with raw disk partations?  This is pretty much a
> requirement for someone setting up a serious database.

You would have to ask Terry for his war-stories.  I understand that he
got it going initially for someone who wanted to run the HGI database.

Subsequent to that, I don't know.  Bear in mind that if you have
something like that that doesn't work and you need it to, there are
people around here who will quite happily accept reasonable contract
rates to _make_ it work.  Heck, in 5-6months, I hope to be in a position
to make a living out of it.  (crosses fingers)

Whatever you do, don't accept "it doesn't work, so it can't be done" as
an answer.

--
]] Mike Smith, Software Engineer        msmith@gsoft.com.au.au          [[