Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:36:50 -0600
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@ub.edu.bz>
To:        Cristobal Miguelo <cristobalmiguelo2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting to CD and the handing off to HD

--bEAlbH1hodbw2omC

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 08:58:05PM -0700, Cristobal Miguelo wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I'm going to be working on a firewall box where I want to boot to CD
> and run an integrity check on the Hard Drive.  If the Hard Drive checks
> out OK, I want the CD to then hand off to the hard drive and boot the
> hard drive.
>=20
> Is that possible?   What man pages and/or web pages should I read to
> make it happen?
>=20
> Thanks!
> Cristobal

Well, you could certainly mount the harddisk partitions somewhere in the
filesystem while running under the CDROM booted kernel.  However, I
seriously doubt if you could change the running kernel to that from the
harddisk.  Why not just reboot to the harddisk after you have finished
your diagnostics with the CDROM?

Nathan
--=20
PGP Public Key: pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=3Dget&search=3D0xD8527E49

--bEAlbH1hodbw2omC

--bEAlbH1hodbw2omC--