Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:41:16 -0500
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   C Programing tools

I am taking a course in C and have zip for previous programming
experience.  I need some recommendations on the better books that are
available for learning C. I learn well by reading and would prefer books
that are well written with clear explanations of the material.  I am told
that the prof is not that great of a teacher, so be prepared to dig the
stuff out on your own.  And I thought that those kind only taught the
undergrad classes. ;-)

BTW, the official text for the class is The New C Primer.  Any opinions?

Also what tools (ports) will I have to have installed on my FreeBSD
system to run and compile some of my work?  The prof wants me to work in
Winblows, and I explained about the bad case of hives that I get every
time I boot that S--- up.

Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Frank
--
"At no time is the freedom of speech more precious then when a man hits
his thumb with a hammer."