Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 1999 18:36:57 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   compat22 / ld.so - FAQ Addition

Greetings!

I've noticed that questions- frequently gets many people asking about "ld.so"
problems that they've had since upgrading to 3.x from 2.2.x and the answer to
their problem is almost always the same.

Therefore I'd like to make sure that the following information is accurate
before I submit it to the docproj.

Thanks!

500a501,511

>      <sect1>
>       <heading>I've upgraded from 2.2.x to 3.x and now I get ld.so
errors</heading>
>       2.2.x systems. For this reason, when upgrading, the libraries that were
>       used to execute the old 2.2.x binaries are upgraded so that you can
>       execute the new 3.x binaries.

>       install the 'compat22' port in <tt>/usr/ports/compat22/</tt> which
>       will install the old 2.2.x libraries.

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org