Date:      Mon, 30 May 2005 18:08:08 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [30-05-05] Layout update

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 04:10:23PM +0800 I heard the voice of
Erich Dollansky, and lo! it spake thus:

> I would like to have bigger characters. They become pretty small on
> a 1280*768 with only 10".
>
> Do not use px for the character size, use pt and you get the same
> character size independent of the screen resolution.

Well, this is one of those ongoing eternal flamewars, now isn't it? :p

px is better than pt on screen, because pt is interpreted differently
on some platforms.

I'm on the side of "don't use absolute units" myself.  I *KNOW* how
big I want my fonts to be, which is why I have my browser set like I
do.  That doesn't make it right for YOU.  Size relative, so your
headers are a bit bigger, your asides a bit smaller, etc.  Don't try
and tell me what size I want my fonts.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net