Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:04:27 +0400
From:      Andrew Belashov <bel@orel.ru>
To:        Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using Creator 3D on an Ultra 1E?

Hello, Torfinn!

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> I have always  wanted to get myself a 64 bit machine to run FreeBSD on,
> but haven't been able to justify the expense of a new machine. Recently,
> I was given a Sun Ultra 1E Creator 3D. I already runs FreeBSD (installed
> via serial console):
> user@ultra1$ uname -a
> FreeBSD ultra1.kg4.no 5.3-BETA7 FreeBSD 5.3-BETA7 #0: Sun Oct  3
> 11:24:02 UTC 2004
> root@bobbi.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  sparc64
>
> The machine isn't very fast, but it works.
> And today, I have gotten a "Sun framebuffer to VGA monitor" adapter, so
> now I want to test the Creator 3D, to see if it will work. I discovered
> that there is no output from the framebuffer as default (hey, I just
> *had* to try), so I guess I'll have to do some work to get this set up.
> Perhaps make a new kernel?
>
> I have serached on Google, but ther doesn't seem to be much
> documentation about FreeBSD (or XFree for that matter) on a Creator 3D.
> Could somebody point me in the direction of some documentation that
> explains what I need to do?
>
> Any advice appreciated.

For X rebuild kernel with following options:

device          sc
device          creator         # Creator, Creator3D and Elite3D graphics cards
device          splash          # Splash screen and screen saver support
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV # install a CDEV entry in /dev
device          uart            # Multi-uart driver
device          puc             # Multi-channel uarts

For mouse daemon try this options: "-p /dev/uart1 -t mousesystems".

Useful information about OpenBoot commands:
<http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/General/OBP.html>;
See two NVRAM parameters: output-device and input-device.

--
With best regards,
Andrew Belashov.