Date:      Wed, 10 May 1995 01:32:16 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <Ollivier.Robert@keltia.frmug.fr.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Current Users' list)
Subject:   Pkg_info and friends

Jordan, could you please explain what's going on with all the pkg_*
programs ? Why do they have to use tar for ?

245 [1:29] root@keltia:compile/KELTIA# setenv PKG_PATH /var/db/pkg
246 [1:29] root@keltia:compile/KELTIA# pkg_info -a
tar: unknown option
tar: Unknown option.  Use 'tar --help' for a complete list of options.
Tar extract of  failed!
Error during unpacking, no info for 'mpeg_lib-1.1' available.
tar: unknown option
tar: Unknown option.  Use 'tar --help' for a complete list of options.
Tar extract of  failed!
Error during unpacking, no info for 'xcdplayer-2.2' available.
tar: unknown option
tar: Unknown option.  Use 'tar --help' for a complete list of options.
Tar extract of  failed!
Error during unpacking, no info for 'xview32_bin' available.

Three of my installed  packages come from  old binary packages and the rest
has been installed by the bsd.port.mk when I "make install" a port.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia 2.0-BUILT-19950506 #4: Sat May  6 10:23:04 MET DST 1995