Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:40:26 +0100
From:      Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   fxp + 4.3beta + AXPpci33

Trying to install 4.3beta on an AXPpci33 from the network using a compaq
badged fxp the install hangs when it tries to bring up the ethernet interface.

The console has an error along the lines of 'unknown PHY' (one day I will
learn I don't remember stuff as well as I think I will)

Finally did a 4.2 install on a SMC/tulip card that even the SRM is happy with.

Is their any fix as I have a number of othermachines all with fxps.

PS I am currently on 'Garden Leave' so have a reasonable amount of time, but
no relevent expertise to offer towards a fix.

--
GeoffB