Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 1995 22:35:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        steve2@genesis.tiac.net (Steve Gerakines)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: configuring 2 U24F cards (fix--please commit)

> > Has anybody ever tried to use 2 (or more) Ultrastore U24F EISA scsi cards
> > in one system? If so, how does the kernel config file look like?
>
> Problem is because the driver is scanning all slots.  If there was one
> set of code scanning the EISA slots this wouldn't be a problem.  The
> following patch should correct it.  If someone could commit this for
> me that would be great.

Julian Elischer is working on code EISA code that moves this stuff
out of the drivers.

I would rather have the patch I submitted tested by the user then I
will commit it (it uses the same scheme that aha1742 uses to make sure
we only go over the slots one time, it also fixes a few other small
nits like 2 constant 15's that should really be EISA_MAX_SLOT).