Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:00:50 +1030
From:      Phil Kernick <philk@camtech.com.au>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
Subject:   BUG: interface not recognised

I am using FreeBSD-3.3-RELEASE, and PAO3-19991011.tar.gz.

I believe that I have discovered a bug in the handling of PCCARD ethernet
devices.  The card in question is a D-LINK DE-650.

The card is located correctly, and configured so that I can use it.

However, when ioctl(SIOCGIFCONF) is called, the interface name is not
returned in the list.  All other interfaces are.

This does not affect ifconfig, because this gets its list of interfaces
from sysctl() and not the SIGCGIFCONF ioctl().

I'm assuming that the problem is with pccardd, but I don't know enough
about its internal workings or that of the kernel to look into fixing it.

Thanks,
Phil.

--
    _-_|\   Phil Kernick                      E-Mail: philk@camtech.com.au
   /     \  Senior Consultant                 Phone:  (08) 8303 4904