Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 12:10:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Christian Williams <chris@pagan.tzo.com>
To:        Alan Weber <aaweber@austin.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a little help from my friends?

Ok,

I've made all modifications per your suggestions below, including
recompiling a new kernel and eliminating the startup script and going
back to the rc.conf, but still no dice. Here's something worth mentioning:

The port 80 redirect, as well as the SMTP redirect, works, but the others
do not.  I cannot connect to the IMAP, POP3, webemail (8383) and ftp
(8072) servers.  Is this a bug with natd/ipfw?  Is there some limit to the
amount of redirects?

The port 80 redirect works, but only to the point of getting to the web
server.  It will not route properly to the two virtual hosts on that
machine.  In other words, I have an apache server running on 10.0.0.6, but
if I try to access them, I merely get the generic index.html in the server
route instead of the appropriate vhost.

In addition, I cannot get to any of these outside services from an inside
machine.  This appears to be a routing issue, but all my routing tables
are fine.  I've tried sniffing those interfaces and come up empty handed.

I'm swiftly running out of options here, and I definately don't want to
move all of these servers to the firewall machine.  HELP!?

TIA (again)

Chris