Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2010 00:42:12 +0530
From:      Gautham Ganapathy <gautham@lisphacker.org>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: how do i use a memory stick on freebsd?

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> wrote:

> guys,
>
> my wife emptied a bunch of files onto her memory stick; =A0the pc
> is not here. =A0i have never used one of these devices before and
> want to know how, if it is possible, to read her dos/lose
> material from my bsd system. =A07.3, dell, plenty of disk, and yes,
> i know where the usb slot it!
>
> do i need to put something in /usr/rc.conf? build a driver or
> utility? =A0or what?
>
> tia, Y'all!
>
> clueless in king county.

In case you use GNOME, see
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/halfaq.html#q3. If this was a fresh
install of 7.3 (GNOME 2.28), just do steps 1 and 2, ignore the
instructions before and after, restart GNOME and then plug the drive
in. It should get mounted and appear on our desktop (well, it worked
for me !)
--=20
Gautham Ganapathy
http://lisphacker.org