Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:37:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sound driver structure and configuration

> Aha.  May I offer a suggestion?
>
> Have the 'snd' controller pull in all the modules for the various
> on-card subsystems.  Have each of these subsystems register themselves
> in a linker set using a 'name' field to identify themselves.
>
> Then have 'device at ...?' statements which pull in probe code for

right, but this brings me back to the initial question. What does the
config progrm do when it finds a "device at foo?" statement ? I have
tried running config with different config files where foo is replaced
by bar o rother strings and see no difference in the output . I guess
the "isa" keyword is somehow magic (or it becomes specially treated
because of something in the "files.i386" file ?

	Luigi