Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 1996 21:51:53 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        koshy@india.hp.com (A JOSEPH KOSHY), hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HDD cpu usage (IDE vs. SCSI).

I went scsi.  It was about $75 more than IDE three years ago when I
got my 250M drive.  I've been able to scape together all kinds of,
shall we say, interesting SCSI devices that just work.  My SCSI bus
has had on it about 10 different disks (some transient), a 7 cd
changer, a tape robot, three or four different tape drives, and a
plain old scsi cdplayer.  At the time there was no way that IDE could
even touch it.  While more expensive on the front end, it has more
than paid for itself in the long run for me.

Warner