Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 13:45:06 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-platforms@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for the PowerMac?

If wanting Un*x on a PowerMac, I think the most likely solution will be
to use BeOS or wait for Rhapsody. Both claim POSIX compliance and offer
Un*x shells. The other advantage would be you can have your cake and
eat it too, as you will have both Un*x and the native OS at the same
time.

Once Be and Apple provide the baseline, I'd hope for a port of all the
good Un*x toys we all know and love. Similar to what was done for OS/2.
Haven't heard any hints of an X for the new PowerMac OS's yet.

Only time will tell how well this works.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net