Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:00:33 -0500
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        tcobb@staff.circle.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems in VM structure ?

[ CC trimmed ]

tcobb@staff.circle.net wrote in message ID
<A0CFA284C004D211B7EE0060082F32A412E209@freya.circle.net>:
> I've had it at MAXUSERS=256 on both the P5 and the P6.  The P5 stays
> stable, the P6 doesn't.  If I reduce MAXUSERS to 128 then these
> heavily loaded boxen will fall over due to out of MBUFs errors, or
> so I believe.

If you are running out of MBUF clusters, play with

option		"NMBCLUSTERS=x"

directly rather than indirectly through maxusers... 4096 or 8192 is probably a
good starting value. If you look in /sys/compile/YOUR_KERNEL at the param.c,
then you can get a better idea of what maxusers tweaks, and what you
need to tweak manually. I know its not a `howto' guide :) Sorry

Gary