Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 12:34:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: precise soundcard tuning ?

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> Since capture and acquisition often have the same sample clock,
> you could sample the tuning fork with a microphone, determine the
> actual period in samples, and then generate the sound with the
> "correct" (i.e. equal to the reference) frequency.

I'll try this approach. Still, I find it remarkable that I'm going to have
to tune a £100 piece of sound hardware with either a £20 guitar tuner or a
£2 tuning fork. PC hardware is just such high quality stuff!

Many Thanks,

	Steve.

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342