Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 19:52:34 -0600
From:      bob olbrich <rjob@gulftel.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fixit floppy

Hello,

I'm still having troubles trying to get FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE
to boot. I've used the FTP method to install. I can see the
bin distribution downloading and DEBUG output shows it
successful. When the system reboots, F2 in the booteasy
does not work.
  I was wondering if the fixit floppy may be useful. I've never
used it. Can I get a list of commands for it? Does it have a way
to check the filesystem? Can I boot from it? I used the kern.flp and
mfsroot.flp. Do these obsolete the boot.flp?

  My machine is a HP Pavillion with a single drive (Quantum Bigfoot
11.5MB)

Thanks,

Bob Olbrich      rjob@gulftel.com